Box Pleat Skirt with Pockets Tutorial
Learn how to draft and make a classic box pleat skirt with side pockets and wide waistband from your exact measurements - no sewing pattern needed!
Pleated skirts can be tricky to fit when working from a pattern. So, why not just skip the fit fiddling and make it straight from your measurements the right way?
This classic skirt works all year around and will seriously upgrade your outfit options.
Choose a bold print, classic solid, or even whip it up with some texture in a beautiful brocade! This skirt will never collect dust and be yet another make that you don't wear!
What You Learn
I teach you step-by-step how to construct a box pleated skirt with side pockets. In this premium tutorial, you get:
- self-drafted skirt to your measurements
- a walk through each step of the math with a real life example
- an easier way to sew a pleated skirt without complicated formulas
- high quality construction techniques
- zipper insertion method – no closure needed
- instruction on closing your waistband with absolutely no hand sewing
- use this template to create many variations of pleat sizes or skirt lengths with pockets!
This is not a pattern, but an online video workshop.
There is no pattern included or necessary for this project. You will draft this skirt directly from your measurements.
Eryn is the Owner and Creative Director of Style Sew Me and Style Sew Me Patterns, an independent sewing pattern company and DIY fashion community that teaches women how to take control of her personal style by sewing a stylish and affordable wardrobe. Style Sew Me Patterns company serves customers globally with a styling collection of digital and printed patterns.